Monday, August 4, 2008

Urban Diner Edmonton Alberta 12427 102 Avenue NW


Best two weeks of my life started 5 days before the Urban Dinner incident. We had just got off a 6 hour bus ride down from Ft. Mac, capital of newfoundland and primary producer of oil in Canada. Pumping out more oil than you could dream of, and yet I still managed to be cheery. J, A and I were all pretty peckish, but two of us had never really spent any time in Edmonton. What were we to do? Well the only thing we could do, and that was trust our friend. Am I glad we did! He has spent the summer looking for hip places to eat, have coffee and occasionally hang. This was deffenitively a good find.



There were black and white photos all over the wall. We actually took a few minutes to take the walk around. Most of the pictures were of normal coffee/breakfast place items such as cups, sugar, spoons, plates etc. All well shot and carefully hung. Repetitive a little but I guess most people don't walk around.

I can't even remember what J and A were eating but I do know I had this weird wrap with beans and eggs and veggies. It came with a side of cubed breafast potatoes that were scrumptious, and two dips. One was a sour cream and the other was a sweet chili sauce. Together they were amazing.

They also made an ice tea beverage there that was kind of the specialty of the house. If you like ice tea, you might enjoy that. A and J both enjoyed it, myself not being an ice tea fan should have gone for milkshake.


Again I'm not going to rate them although I will say again that this was an awesome find. If your like me at all, I'll probably never be able to find this place again. But if your a local or know your way around Edmonton, try it out, it might suprise you.

No comments: