Monday, August 4, 2008

Woods Restaurant in Canmore

Hey,

Havn't really been doing too much in terms of independant stuff so far this summer which is a little bit of a bummer but I did take a lot of good pics this summer and managed to try quite a few good restaurants. I'll be posting quite a few over the next day or two. They won't be as detailed as some of the other ones, but I'll try and get my memory going as much as possible.

In the few days that I was working franticaly to get 10 good shots of misc "Calgary Heritage" for this company I took a few hour trip up to the mountains. While navigating through JV(buddy/driver) has the great idea of going a little further in the mountains to have some lunch. We get to Canmore which is this small little mountain town and sit down at the first outdoor patio we found. Right the end of the main road, where most of the shopping and activity seemed to be in town, we found the Woods and their massive patio. The main reason for our pick was for the open air. The view of the mountains that came up on every side was fantastic.




Both JV and I were in a burger mood so I went with the pacific coast salmon burger(Above) and he had the mushroom mozza burger. The salmon burger had a heavy terriyaki and ginger taste(note the healthy helping of white pickled ginger). The use of spinach as greens was well recieved.I can't talk much on his but he seemed to enjoy it.




The prices were a little high mind you. I think each of these burgers came to the 12-14 range and 6 dollars a drink. All in all I was happy with the location, the food was terrific, service was alright. It may have cost a little bit more than I'm used to paying for a burger but it was worth it.
I'm not going to rate this one because it was a while ago.

Mata ne!

ps: I know it's not sushi but ... ya :P

No comments: